Debt Rattle February 18 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 18 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

My, my. Isn’t everyone testy today. That’s a tell-tale of anxiety, ya know. And who can blame you? I look out any window on the world today and it makes me nervous too.

Something’s gotta give, and so it will.

those darned kids
    Participant

figmund: i wonder what those people will do when they are prohibited from protesting because they can’t get any support for their vaccine injured children.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“I’m not calling Jordan Peterson any names, just observing what the immediate of people following his gentle advice would be to the current dynamic class-war power struggle. Going home now and letting the politicians take up your charter-rights cause (when the house of commons opens again) would deflate the power of the messages, which is now in the “then they fight you” stage of progression.”

HE DIDN’T FUCKING TELL THEM TO GO HOME, dammit. THAT IS A GODDAM LIE. Try accepting that sometimes we say, often not deliberately but simply because of distorted perception via the carnival glass called bias, things that aren’t true; and people who care will get in your face and tell you so, out of both love and respect for you and love and respect for veracity.

This isn’t rocket science. He said what he said, not what you think he said. You’re entitled to ponder how what he said might affect some people, but to infer in his words a deliberate betrayal of the movement is plain cheap-ass smack, Doc, and it doesn’t look any better on you than it does on, say, Herr Trudeau.

I’m reminded of Barry Goldwater’s handlers during the ’64 race asking reporters after his (often fiery) speeches, “Just say what he means, not what he says.”

A Need So Bad

“I get that he had a lot of anxiety and got strung out on clonazepam. That is a really hard issue, “long-term-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-syndrome”. I have dealt with it for decades. You meet the whole family repeatedly for your sincere efforts. He may just be considering how sick he would feel getting shoved to the ground face down and manacled with zip-ties. I don’t know. I don’t know him at all.”

The point of that hard times story was that he had serious illness, and covidiocy (i.e., a collapsing corrupted medical system galvanized darkward by covidiocy) forced him to Russia. I suspect he is very much behind ending mandates and such: the politics driving them nearly KILLED him.

Have you got that much skin in the game, Doc? You just lost a job… he almost lost his life.

zerosum
    Participant

There is a Freedom Convoy taking place in Vancouver.

You can see “Canadian Flag Bearing”, cars and truck going down the street, (everywhere), and the first thought is “Freedom Supporter.”

zerosum
    Participant

The news ….. some police were observed, in Alberta, hugging protesters at the border crossing.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“prohibited from protesting “

There are degrees of prohibition. No one can stop the protest of a fully determined person short of permanent exile in jail a la Assange, incarceration, major crippling, or death. It’s a matter of resolve, and that’s a wide spectrum indeed.

Protesting that is allowed isn’t protesting.

They shot Malcom X cuz he had an army. They shot MLK after his satyagraha success was overturned by LBJ’s waste of resources turning Viet Nam into a hell of molten plants and people cooked to death.

Someone here said Malcom was too much too soon and MLK was too little too late. It’s a handy metric.

For what it’s worth, I just say that the Good Samaritan helps the wounded Jew by the side of the road where he finds him. Do that, enough of us, and it gets fixed. Don’t do that, and all the protest movements in the world are just so many over-sized Daytona spring breaks with banners and slogans.

“If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal.” Emma Goldman

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“his satyagraha success”

..which successes are dependent on a media that would at least report events on the ground (remember the day?). Without that, this non-violent stuff just gets people killed, although you generally need the enemy to take the first shot if you want adequate support from the people.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@JohnDay taught me a new term today , “First Order Effects” (Thanks, Doc) . In science the term is often used to re-emphasize that , “First order effects are the most significant, whereas second order effects are mere refinements or tweaks.”

Here is a solid example of a First Order Effect : Millions of people are dying or being enslaved because there is an ongoing global conspiracy consisting of collaborating billionaires and various interlocking trillion-dollar institutions, intent upon killing as many people as possible with identified bioweapons, and preparing to enslave whatever hapless survivors might still exist after the initial species-wide democide..

Sorry if that is too much for your soul to confront, but it is what it is, and that’s what it is. You’ll just have to toughen up spiritually to where you can handle it. Or not. It is not right to be oblivious, but you have the right to be so.

Anyway, with those things in mind I have a favor to ask of y’all :

Can a few of you help me with these deck chairs? We’re running short on time and with all this ice water swirling around my feet I can’t move as fast as I used to.

Dr. D
    Participant

“UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, in his opening speech called for immediate deescalation to the crisis.”

There is no alternative to diplomacy.” he said.

You mean aside from Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, Somalia, Bosnia, Kuwait, Liberia, Panama, Granada, and many more? That the U.N. had no problem with? Shut your hole. You know NATO NEVER uses diplomacy. And the U.N. always approves. And with the UNOPCW fabricates the evidence for the aggressive war against children. …When the UN isn’t too busy running or protecting human trafficking. “Incubator babies!” Anyone arrested for that yet?

On a more sober note, I asked rhetorically if Russia drained the entire nation to scrape up 200k soldiers. There are reports that yes, yes they have.

On the other hand, watching resident Biden look stupid is its own reward. The longer it goes on, the better it gets. However, like the Trucker Protest, there needs to be an exit strategy and not let history happen to you.

“Large Explosion Near Govt Building in Donetsk”
    “Questionable ‘Chemical Attack’ Video Already Emerges”
    Both today.

Let the stupid begin.

CNN, kicking off stupid: “they do not know if Putin has made a final decision to invade and note he may delay action or not order it at all,” CNN notes”

So Putin is absolutely, definitely going to attack. Unless he doesn’t. At all. CNN, having no sense of time, space or reality again reporting the war and event BEFORE it happens, instead of after, when they might know something.

Now if only we can make it to Ukraine, the West will ring fence the borders, shut down the nation, crush the economy, torture the children, enrich the oligarchs, imprison the reporters, arrest the protesters, shut off their bank accounts, and steal the money. You know, like the do in Ottawa and NY. Freeeeeeedommmm!!!

Russia hates us for our freedoms. That’s why they’re paying big bucks to encourage freedom with us and not them. In Ottawa and NY. Logic!

Things moving too fast to follow even by 3pm, but Donbass and the provinces are being evacuated they say. As suggested, Russia steals 1M Russians? So…here’s an idea: what if instead of KILLING people in a war, we save them instead? How is Ukraine going to kill 1M people protesters by having a war if the place is empty because they’re all in Russia? And then, do they come back? Can Ukraine say we won’t allow Ukrainian refugees back to Ukraine?

So…also, if you’re not killing the people protesters, what are you blowing up? Um, YOUR OWN GOODS? That is to say, Ukraine is about to shell their own houses, explode their own bridges, cut their own railways, burn their own cars. That is, the Ukrainian ones, born in Ukraine and residing in Ukraine. Good job, Brownie! We in the Ukraine have no trucks, houses, bridges, but what we little we had we shelled to dust, by god!

“he even made Italy’s trains run on time! ”

Maybe I misremember as I read too much but I think this came from a specific, gushing article of unabashed approval from the NYTimes and “Time” magazine and such that made him the “Man of the Year”. (Also true.) That’s how it got to be a trope. From us non-Progressive cranks. Like “Weapons of Mass Destruction and ties to Al-Qaeda” we’re still repeating their utter failure to them 100 years later. And like that other quote, it still makes no difference in action to a people without logic or shame. How do I know? We ARE saying it to them, THIS VERY MOMENT, in calling it Blinken’s “Powell Moment” in the news. (i.e. the “Yellowcake” lie) Yet it doesn’t stop a war that nobody knows at all what’s it about.

Point well taken Deflationista, and one reason I wasn’t super-excited about it. Like: now? Now??? After two years of watching and/or supporting every stupid, harmful thing they could come up with? Does not fill me with hope, but better late than never, ever ever, even if they call peace six weeks before the end of the war.

However: what you’re saying also makes no sense. So everyone knows it’s over, it’s been called off in most nations, it’s actually not being followed outside a minority of regions, even Bob Ford says this is total bunk, AND nobody is following it, “they’re done”, and so when the White Rose calls for Hitler to capitulate six weeks early…then he should say YES! Not no! Justin Beaver is bucking almost the whole planet AND most of the “new” science that was released, as it changes daily. He looks like a jerk, a tyrant, a fool. If he just said “Yes, I magnanimously hear your pleas” Then not only would no one die, as the mandates already serve no purpose if indeed they ever did, but he can be a HERO. He’s a man of the people! He’s the hope of Canadians. He brings us together, eh? For essentially zero-point-zero health cost.

But instead your support appears to be FOR the government, the powerful, those-who-order-what-to-do (to make/steal/crush/destroy) and AGAINST peace, the people, and even against Trudeau’s career where he could boost up, sell out Canada to China some more, merge his nation and personal wealth with Big Pharma, and be in power to enforce a new lockdown at the drop of a feather while selling all Canadian timber and oil to the U.S. at a loss and leading Canada into aggressive-wars-for-profit in Ukraine. But if I read you right, you’re giving all that up by saying Trudeau shouldn’t do that, shouldn’t listen to the people, and should do anything he can to frustrate the will of the people only just ‘cause he can. ‘Cause he said so, despite there being essentially no scientific or medical reason.

What’s with that, man? If you liked the lockdown and believed in it, wouldn’t you keep the guy who supported it from shooting himself?

Kunstler is old and from an era where he can’t believe people won’t act, and institutions won’t do their job, like ever. So he keeps expecting – as many of us did – that the media, Judges, Congress, the school boards, the Sheriffs, the Army, someone will come and rid us of this meddlesome priest. But they won’t, so it’s up to you. You’ll have to save yourself DESPITE the media, Judges, Congress, the school boards, the Sheriffs, the Army, and every institution there is. That’s okay, him pointing it out again and with new people is worth our time.

My mall without investigating it hardly at all: Peterson is calling for a slightly different strategy, and one that really might have worked better. Right now, no doubt people are depressed and deflated by being arrested, rolled up, and jammed up. Canada had a flag to be proud of, and it’s been captured and shot like a dog. If they’d declared a victory and gone home that day – fast – they could skip this step and call another strike somewhere else next week. They didn’t, they chose this strategy, and that’s fine. I’m not mad. Any time there are people there are different perspectives and approaches. I’m happy to hear both plans. I might have chosen Peterson’s though: they pinned down the army, surrounded the siege, rather than keeping the army fast, mobile, and unpredictable. YMMV, but they were something the powers know how to deal with. I wrote last week sometime, DO SOMETHING UNEXPECTED.

Instead, perhaps Canadians will start a slow-roll of banking runs due to undermining of national confidence. That’s fine too. Y’ain’t dead. Just keep on truckin’.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Can a few of you help me with these deck chairs? We’re running short on time and with all this ice water swirling around my feet I can’t move as fast as I used to.”

Laugh/Bravo!

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Russia has 280,000 active duty ground forces.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“My, my. Isn’t everyone testy today. That’s a tell-tale of anxiety, ya know. ”

I did have a nasty run-in with Booger this morning that almost got the little dear hurt, and that shook me up, but no, I ain’t testy.

I just really dislike it when people won’t own up to their own shit, including when I don’t:

nhj

That’s all. Otherwise, it’s a sunny warm day, my son said the nicest things about me and my wife, and is speeding up his plan to move down here to be close to the frailifying (is2!) old folks he calls parents.

I talk harsh and loud when I think people are being obtuse or even willfully ignorant about something that I feel seriously matters, is all. If that doesn’t work after all else has been tried, I fold up my tent and go home to my little pressure dome in the Valles Marineris.

77 Musk Row
    Vaporville, Mars

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Well, … just about all ”Live” streams from Ottawa – on uTube – no longer are available from my location. Just two still functioning, both from helicopters: CBC and Global – official media. Plus a third one, Reuters, is from the roof top. Very poor quality. The others that I was watching about 26 minutes ago are all dead and gone now, … all were erratic since the morning, … very uncharacteristic, since last few weeks were never interrupted.

From CBC and Global feeds, it shows cops all around, … mostly outnumbering civilian folks. Mostly looks like cops are trying to isolate various clusters of trucks by forming secure rings around. Most in riot gear: helmets, shields, riot paraphernalia. Shot guns, … this will not end well, me thinks.

F.S.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@boscohorowitz

Welcome back, Boz. Here, let me scootch over and make room for ya on this here whittling bench , reserved for all of us other imperturbably sweet tempered old curmudgeons.

those darned kids
    Participant

ctbarnum
    Participant

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Shot guns, … this will not end well, me thinks.”

Of course not, alas. They’re challenging authority in an unambiguous way that causes authority to lose power every day.

“Welcome back, Boz.”

When did you move to Mars? I know, I know, but it’s a dry cold.

And spring, when the CO2 frost-blossoms wisp away onto nothing… damn Californians are moving in and raising prices, though.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

I see protestors pointing cellcams and such at the police like they’re weapons.

a) they’re not, not in today’s closed-circuit media loops, and b) it just pisses the police off.

ctbarnum
    Participant

The feeds do seem to be going down quite a bit today, but those within crowds are still going.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“The fucking pandemic has infected like 75% of the world. People are now moving on. And you dipshits claim that because of some “Freedom Fighters” in Canada, who decided to “stand up for their rights” at 11:59pm pandemic time, when the virus was already loosening its grip on the world, are responsible for the mandates being removed??? Dumb all over.”

The Canadian mandates aren’t removed. What are you talking about? And why must you always use your nether orifice?

The Fartiste

“And you dipshits claim ”

Bosco looks around.

“Who’s he talking about, Willis? I don’t see any dipshits,” he says.

“He’s talking to himself, I guess? Schizophrenic? Humor him but don’t let him near sharp instruments or heavy blunt objects.”

You’re kinda fun to bounce off the wall, defshit.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Me and Willis on Mars:

bgr

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Oops. With sound:

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

Le Petomane was HUGE back then:

Le Petomane

Makes a feller proud to be human after all.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Speaking of money (anybody here remember when TAE was largely about finance and macro-economics ?) it looks like MONEY is starting to front run the “collapse of the narrative”.

Check out Edward Dowd talking to Alex Jones ( listening time about 45 minutes BUT you can fast forward through a lot of it). link : https://www.bitchute.com/video/9ZQxwTO3EahS/

Long story short : Covid billionaires are taking it in the shorts (triple entendre intended) and the financial bloodbath has only just begun. Whole countries , such as Canada, are exposed , and in my opinion financial zerofication is entirely possible.)
    Wahoo !!

absolute galore
    Participant

Blah blah blah. Mandate this, Freedom that, Titanic deck chairs, truckers truckers truckers–On and on you go about this crap while the Lamborghini I ordered last summer burns at sea. There are other problems in this world, people.

ctbarnum
    Participant

“Lamborghini burns at sea”

That, in the real world, is what we call Poetic Justice.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

abs G:

I am speechless. This may well be the consumer product fire smelt around the world! I’ma start a protest movement.

One wonders it if was lithium batteries that started it.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

My my, what a tangled Web the Idiocracy weaves…

Just another day where sheeple foment fantastical narratives to appease terminal cognitive dissonance, tossing about pet ideologies like monkeys throwing feces…

There’s no super hero coming to save us from ourselves, this a multi-generational societal suicide with only faux saviors of the kleptocracy rising to power through sociopath whore mongering that titillates & qualms the toxic child EGOs of the electorate.

So sad, too bad, as all of needless suffering could have been halted decades ago, if somewhere upon the long & winding road the Infinite’s lost children had chosen the Loving, Creative Healers within their midst ~ Instead they chose voracious, dissembling, disloyal sociopaths that resembled the mean-spirited 13 yo girl CULTs that told them what they yearned to hear, promising free carrots-in-every-pot, blaming the slow motion collapse on make believe partisan enemies.

No where is that more transparently apparent than the legacy media that I by fate became embedded into…

My former network of patriot men, any of which could have corrected the parasitic empire in a pen stroke if POTUS, encouraged me to broadcast my findings far & wide, but I realized early on that the vast majority would only view it as entertainment, partisan rhetoric and/or conspiracy theory, as only a handful sensed the terminal malady created by U$ Empire Inc., most were dealing with personal issues that blocked out “making a difference” and/or bribed to benefit from the imperial kleptocracy.

And here we are now, in 2022, same $hit different decade, with the momentum of collapse triggered by mad scientists playing footsie with the CCP, who clearly released the U$/French/Canadadian mighty morphing bioweapon…

Nope, the only hope for “America” (by extension most of humanity) is that the NPD mass psychosis is crushed by the COVID et al. existential crisis, that We the People rise to the occasion, which heavily relies upon which “humans” survive the culling.

Trump is to date an unwitting (or not) accomplice to the medical tyranny, also being double/triple crossed by every agent he chose to work with, an unelectable dolt, that’s not even accounting for the fraudulently captured electoral shy$tem that booted him out last time…

Even a caveman should be able to see the evil upon us,

Gary

Germ
    Participant

those darned kids
    Participant

sadly?

next time?

zerosum
    Participant

Meanwhile, in lalaland

I’m convinced that Vladimir has made up his mind to invade Ukraine. – Biden

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Getting set up for my first “virtual visit” with a doctor (that’s what they ludicrously call it: basically, a ‘fake appt’. They don’t have sense enough to say ‘televisit’, which would be accurate…. but then. the meaning of words is becoming bankrupt like everything else.

I’ll spare us description of how insane was the nonsense of setting up passwords, etc., except to say that that was crazy-making too.

Reviewing things online just now so I’m good to go in a half hour, I see this little note:

“Location: A provider must be licensed in the state where a patient is physically located at the time of visit. If you think you’ll be outside of Oregon at the time of your visit, please contact your clinic.”

We’re having a virtual visit in cyberspace, people. Here we see the Old World (pre-IT), warts and all, collapsing into and under the New World, which barely got built before it began caving in. Old laws bump into new realities virtualities, and it’s a soggy mess.

The way I medically qualify for these surgeries is that I tell the doc I’m bleeding too much and it’s time. That’s all. It’s not rocket science. I was morbidly anemic from bleeding last Xmas, barely here. It’s in my record. We know what to do. I’m already scheduled for surgery in two months (after first notifying them back in No-VEM-berrrrrr…)

and I have to endure, and I and the insurance co will pay, for a silly exercise in medically social meaninglessness wherein she CAN’T.EVEN.LOOK.UP.MY.NOSE, the organ to be operated on.

Her last name is German but she’s mostly Asian to look at:

Can You Hear Me, Dr?

those darned kids
    Participant

“sadly, we forgot to put the price tag on omicron before releasing it.”

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@Germ, #101981

That woman next to Bill Gates is Canada’s Foreign Minister, Mélanie Joly!
    https://pm.gc.ca/en/cabinet/honourable-melanie-joly

She currently is most active on the Ukrainian file:

Canada ready to deploy ‘vast array’ of sanctions against Russia if Putin invades Ukraine: Mélanie Joly
    Joly confirmed to the Post that the sanction tool box included ‘Magnitsky-style’ sanctions, which involve the seizing of assets and travel bans on specific individuals

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canada-ready-to-deploy-vast-array-of-sanctions-against-russia-if-putin-invades-ukraine-joly

… and The Convoy, too:

Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly: “Disinformation” And “Financing” Fueling The Convoy Is Coming From “Foreign Elements”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/02/18/canadian_foreign_minister_melanie_joly_disinformation_and_financing_for_the_convoy_coming_from_foreign_elements.html

… That’s some bimbolina that Joly!

F.S.

ctbarnum
    Participant

If she’s correct, there actually was a blockade at Emerson, MB, which would be the first I’d heard of it. Other than that, I’ve seen nothing out of the Canadian Parliament all day, which might be a good thing given the levels of idiocy I heard from them yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oGXU36Kr0

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Latest from The Man Who Knows Too Much About Russia:
    RUSSIAN BLACK BOX DEFENCE AGAINST AMERICAN BOOBY TRAP OFFENCE

RUSSIAN BLACK BOX DEFENCE AGAINST AMERICAN BOOBY TRAP OFFENCE

F.S.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Filed under It’s a Small World, after all:

Holding your crypto assets on an exchange? Now may be the time to migrate your digital assets to offline cold storage wallets.

Originally announced in President Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill, the FBI is starting a criminal task force dedicated to identifying, investigating and solving illicit activity committed through the blockchain and crypto exchanges.

The National Cryptocurrency Enforcement Team or NCET will focus on prosecuting criminals laundering money through digital assets and seizing any funds illegally obtained.

Further regulation tends to be generally welcomed by the crypto community, as it encourages widespread adoption and utilization and discourages bad actors from tainting the integrity of the market. (DERP!)

https://ktla.com/5-live/the-fbi-may-be-coming-for-your-bitcoin/

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ctbarnum I’ve seen nothing out of the Canadian Parliament all day,

That’s because debate in the House of Commons on the government’s decision to invoke the Emergencies Act has been suspended for now as the police operation continues on the parliamentary grounds and immediate surroundings. Vote on it is still scheduled for Monday.

… and yes, Emerson, Manitoba border crossing blockade was a big issue!

F.S.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.