p01

 
   Posted by at  Comments Off on p01

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: The Oil Market Actually Works, And That Hurts #17453

    p01
    Participant

    First, they ignore you.
    Second, they laugh at you.
    Third, they fight you.
    Then the lights go out, for inflationists and deflationists alike.

    Huck is right about one thing: cash is not going to save you this late in the game. Arguably, neither anything else I can think of.


    p01
    Participant

    Many crickets heard on TAE lately (except for the lock&load noise of not being able to understand math, and moralizing the issues, as expected from the elite demographics). BTW, did the ZH article sellout help at all with the stats? It certainly does not look like it did.
    Maybe it is not a good idea to censor deeply controversial comments after all…Questioning everything is really what gives the answer to the root of problem.
    Oh, well, as they say, nothing new under the sun…seen this before…here it comes again…best of luck y’all!

    in reply to: Debt Rattle Jun 19 2014: Growth When We Don’t Need It #13587

    p01
    Participant

    There is only one steady state economy possible: the one before grains ans seeds, which still exists in small communities untainted by seed worshiping (not necessarily hunter-gatherers, here’s a small example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvDIpOPlWJ8). But it is not very popular since it does not give us classics, philosophers, colored rectangular cloths, human-shaped rocks, high stone constructions to drool over deliriously, which could not have have been enjoyed anyway if not for the “criminal” debt. How’s that for an existential dilemma?
    Of course, it could be that it’s just stupid&lazy on one side we don’t like, and criminal cabals on the other side we don’t particularly enjoy.


    p01
    Participant

    I don’t think there’s a simpler way to put this:
    ANY form of debt is an extra claim on the existing wealth.
    The corollary is even simpler: Debt is always of the “fractional reserve” type.

    in reply to: Physical Limits to Food Security: Water and Climate #13147

    p01
    Participant

    Addendum to TAE summary:
    * The current economic system needs moar efficiency. Life-supporting systems for all animals are still standing.
    * An alliance should be formed, which should politely ask whoever is at the top to use TEH memo explaining how humans should live. Pronto.

    in reply to: Physical Limits to Food Security: Water and Climate #13120

    p01
    Participant

    <i>TAE Summary</i> the next generation: reloaded:
    * Money is not a biological necessity. It is a choice, but we cannot help choosing it because of our evolutionary biology.
    * This is interesting, but….
    * Water goes nowhere, except when it goes into the cities. Then in goes somewhere, but we don’t know where; it is lost.
    * Permaculture will solve all the problems, because it is cheaper.
    * We need to finally make some agricultural profit, or else.
    * This is good for sharing.
    * Seismic activity is considerable. Considerable population crash is not.
    * 300K plus living expenses, gives you at least some peace of seismic activity.
    * 7 billion people will make quite a tremor when pushed through the neck of a bottle.
    * Don’t bitch. Work hard. It worked for gramps.
    * Water which is not lost should be wiped clean.
    * Keep smiling. Clogged arteries lurk in the shadows.

    in reply to: Nicole Foss at Atamai Ecovillage, New Zealand #12852

    p01
    Participant

    Obviously, this last minute offer is not directed to long time TAE readership, so chill for a bit, ye commentators 🙂
    Age: less than 55 (TAE readership is more than 55 on average)
    Financial condition: at least half a mil USD (long time TAE readership=broke)
    This offer is for new TAE readership, the only one who might have a go at it, if they sell at the top.
    How many will they be, and how much would this help, is extremely uncertain, if you ask me. I don’t see this particular demographic being too eager to commune, but, hey, this is really the last chance.

    Cory: I would not worry about houses at this point. As a matter of fact, houses should be really the last thing on your mind right now. What will you do around that house, which you will be able to choose, literally, might be a bit of a problem.

    Best of luck, Nicole!

    in reply to: US Housing Is Down For The Count #12541

    p01
    Participant

    ” [snip] since it was crucial to lure mom and pop back in”
    Mom and pop believed the same story as the “bankerz and brokerz” did. The only difference is their relative place in the pyramid, Mom ans Pop are also onn the “credit” side, not on the “debt” side. From the point of view of a bottom “pyramider”, I personally see absolutely no difference between them, even though I acknowledge that debt is driving us all, from the top to the bottom, and no one has a choice but to participate….well, except those who could have the knowledge and also financial means not to participate. But even those are dismayed by how long this has been stretched, ant the consequences of this stretching having occurred at the top of the exponent.

    Do you (and I include Nicole here) honestly still think that preparing for a deflation with the same strategy you outlined since 2008 is still valid? Please be honest, because it is “only” a matter of survival.


    p01
    Participant

    “Come to think of it the asteroid is popular as the destroyer.”
    Yep, because it’s really quick and convenient. Split second. Wish it was that easy, but I’m sure it won’t be.

    Human population rose exponentially on a logarithmic scale. That can easily be explained by the fact that food was produced for profit from pure-debt (promises) money, by the people doing G-d’s work on planet Earth. Food=people. People=consumers=more profit. Case closed. We were bred for profit, from promises, with promises, simply put.

    Thank you Ilargi, for stressing nature’s laws above the new breed of G-d’s little helpers who start getting all overpopulation-controles-que these days, all about the age of 50 or more. I don’t agree with many thing you say here, and I’m also not naive in knowing they are things some want to hear, but this is one of the BIG fundamentals, and I applaud you for saying it out loud.

    Nature had laws for this. It is not “our” problem.


    p01
    Participant

    “No need to worry about how many people need to disappear for any given amount of time.”
    Actually, you do need to worry. The psychological effects of the sheer number of people which must mathematically disappear (remember Chefurka’s population essay?) will be such a mental burden on those who chose to, try to, or be more inclined to have a chance to survive, that it might just collapse the species to extinction through a death spiral of despair. Contrary to other species, ours is fundamentally driven psychologically by cultural stories and mass delusions.

    in reply to: Nicole Foss: Finance and Food Insecurity #12137

    p01
    Participant

    Good to hear that not only GS is deluded in doing G-d’s work on this planet, D!
    Stupid&Lazy must be kept alive by the the anointed ones, or surely there will be no anointment. LOL.
    You guys crack me up!
    Thanks for the fun!

    Oh, by the way, Nicole, a great article!
    Seeds are THE problem indeed.

    in reply to: Why Does JPMorgan Still Have A Banking License? #8980

    p01
    Participant

    It goes something like this (warning for sensible souls: explicit lyrics):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R890wISHwG4

    I’m JPMorgan, you’re JPMorgan, all of us are JPMorgan.

    .

    in reply to: Gordon Gecko Moved To London To Finish Where He Left Off #9320

    p01
    Participant

    In pure mathematical terms, completely ignoring terms of right or wrong, wealth or poverty, profit is an exponential function that can only exist if exponential money supply exists to satisfy this growth (cost plus profit). Any hard currency is incompatible with profit, that’s why it was always replaced by something that allowed the exponential inflation of the money supply.
    The root driver of our demise is indeed profit, more specifically the production of food for profit, because this generates an exponential inflation of … you guessed it: people.
    I’m amazed that long time readers/commenters have problems grasping simple mathematical facts. This may indeed go against everything we’ve been taught and would like to believe, and it can be debated if this is “right or wrong” and for whom it’s a good thing, and for whom it’s a really, really bad thing, but arithmetic is not debatable, and arithmetic says profit is an exponential function.

    EDIT: Oh, before I forget, the moneylenders are also doing it for profit.

    in reply to: How Central Banks Buy Growth #8042

    p01
    Participant

    The comment below is made by the top dog karma commenter, Wit Moar Karma than the adminz!!!!111.

    How far the mighty have fallen.

    in reply to: What Ben Bernanke Is Really Saying #8010

    p01
    Participant

    The only ones taking abuse were those who did not take on any debt during this period. The rest, at least did have some fun. The fact that we artificially stayed at the top for this long all but guarantees that even those who did not take on any debt will not have a chance because the crash will be much too profound. Personally I’m not blaming anyone else, because I had the same frame of mind, but now I don’t see any good coming out of it, even for those without debt and with some cash/treasuries/gold/whatever stashed away from the system.
    The road ahead starts looking like “The Road”, or like those guys from Easter Island cutting the last tree, because, well, it did not matter anymore.
    Oh, well…it was the only thing to try and hope for, but I’m afraid it won’t help anymore.

    in reply to: What Ben Bernanke Is Really Saying #7997

    p01
    Participant

    This is what Bernanke is REALLY saying 😆

    in reply to: What Ben Bernanke Is Really Saying #7994

    p01
    Participant

    What Bernanke is really saying 😆 :

    in reply to: Money. Religion. Power. #7965

    p01
    Participant

    gurusid post=7693 wrote: TAE 3.0: What do you want to see?

    A “delete profile” function.

    Thanks.

    in reply to: TAE 3.0: What do you want to see? #7892

    p01
    Participant

    stoneleigh post=7614 wrote: I’ve been lucky enough to meet many of them in person on my travels, but would very much like to see them back here..

    This green slime is falling off the back of the bus, as they say, so I’ll probably be missing the merry reunion, because internet access will be the thing to go next after a job loss or when switching to a factory floor job. We’ll see. Things on the ground (as opposed to nice graphs and statistics) are rapidly deteriorating for many people I know, also.

    in reply to: Oil And Credit #7877

    p01
    Participant

    Science has been used as religion since it has become too complex to be independently verified.
    As an aside, science should have ended once it was discovered that its God is dead and its Heaven does not exist (that was when the Laws of Thermodynamics were discovered).

    in reply to: Oil And Credit #7868

    p01
    Participant

    Jack post=7596 wrote:
    This will be the method as a source of energy in the future because they cant suppress this forever.
    What implication will all this have on the global economic system.

    Millions of slaves on stationary bike generators providing their masters with electricity after having worked in the fields planting seeds, and right before being sent to clean up the nuke sludge when they cannot generate enough electricity anymore?

    in reply to: TAE 3.0: What do you want to see? #7865

    p01
    Participant

    [strike]Doom[/strike]homestead; not Nicole’s, which I hope to see IRL.
    There are still some industrial inputs, but minimal. It’s livable.
    Enjoy, it’s a blast:

    in reply to: Deflation By Any Other Name Would Smell As Foul #7797

    p01
    Participant

    Dorothea Lange has some illustrations of how a smaller debt deflation has affected everyone at a certain point in fairly recent history, including those without debt.
    Man, I wish TAE would use some of Lange’s illustrations in their excellent articles. :whistle:

    in reply to: Why And How The Young Are Screwed #7769

    p01
    Participant

    Has Jay Hanson actually ever seen the mythical creature chomping grass in real life, or he simply read about it in some dead dude’s story book?

    in reply to: Five Stonking Crashes #7767

    p01
    Participant

    william post=7493 wrote: Higher interest rates by definition mean inflation.

    TAE Summary, quit posting incognito!

    in reply to: Five Stonking Crashes #7746

    p01
    Participant

    The [strike]dollar holders[/strike] credit “worthy” have already [strike]bought[/strike] claimed all existing, future and imaginary stuff.
    There’s no money to buy all this stuff.

    in reply to: Compound Interest : Friend Or Foe? #7694

    p01
    Participant

    Seeds as food made compound interest and exponential population growth, not the other way around. Monsanto is simply the industrial expression of the “seeds-for-food-because-they-can-be-controlled-centrally” paradigm.

    The following cannot happen in pastoral/horticultural societies:
    Waiting for grains to be divided by the feudal lord:
    https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fi%C8%99ier:Stefan_Luchian_-_La_impartitul_porumbului.jpg

    Definitely FOE, but as an effect, not as a cause.

    in reply to: Japan : It's Not A Bet If You Can't Win #7631

    p01
    Participant

    Industrialization does not pay unless you make a nice EUnion and indebt everyone else in it into buying your products (mostly carrzzzz). Even then it does not pay, it just appears to do so for a while, until the exported insolvency hits the fan.
    Considering the level of debt and the inability to grow more than 39% of the food they eat, Japan can be considered (radio)actively extinct. They should not even try anything anymore.

    in reply to: Is The EU A Tide That Lifts All Boats? #7609

    p01
    Participant

    So … praying for an asteroid, or at least that the Nips go mayan or rapa-nui first, and then they can be blamed for ruining the nice game for everybody,

    U guys bugged out already? :blink:

    in reply to: Widely Visible Symbols Of Human Folly #7592

    p01
    Participant

    Just in hot off the press:
    Hamburg “avoids radiation disaster” as ship loaded with fissile material, explosives burns:
    https://rt.com/news/hamburg-radioactive-ship-fire-464/

    In a depression these things will happen on a daily basis.

    in reply to: If The Rest Are Only Half As Bad As Ireland … #7558

    p01
    Participant

    Ireland’s population still hasn’t recovered (will it ever?)

    If the goal is to increase the population at all costs,then by all means, yes, it might recover. The rest of the world stands as a fine example that, if that’s your particular goal, you can achieve it by using a combination of traditional and industrial religion

    in reply to: The Untouchables of the 21st Century #7531

    p01
    Participant

    Why, oh, why?
    Because it`s a bubble, just like housing. :whistle:

    Euros buy (!steal!) stuff, burn gasoline (see SfV’s comment), make people delusional into thinking they are a new&improved species, unlike anything ever before; they don’t steal from others & their children and their own children, they spread democracy and build a better world; debt is just the way this “scorched earth on credit” enlightenment works; I’ll bet even G-d wants Euro, not liras (pesetas, etc), that`s small potatoes:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DpbQlZMos

    This species has amused itself to death.
    –Roger Waters

    in reply to: The Untouchables of the 21st Century #7521

    p01
    Participant

    Can’t you see, it makes perfect sense, expressed in Euros and cents:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VH5xJpjnxc

    Actually it doesn’t make any sense in any currency, but who cares about that anymore?

    in reply to: Unburnable Carbon Bubbles #7503

    p01
    Participant

    The “D”-word has reappeared in the news. And it’s not related only to Japan this time.
    https://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=deflation

    in reply to: Unburnable Carbon Bubbles #7487

    p01
    Participant

    Climate science may be controversial. Hell, even peak oil seems to be controversial for many.
    However, finance shouldn’t be, since it is simple math (even exponents can be reduced to additions and subtractions using logarithms). What to do when many (even people who should know better) chose to ignore even finance (simple math and balance sheets).
    Such is the religion of our times.

    EDIT: Worse is (IMHO, of course) peak oil and climate change awareness without as much as giving a second thought to finance.

    in reply to: What Do We Want To Grow Into? #7466

    p01
    Participant

    As long as population grows, there will be demand for them to do stuff (economic growth or wars).
    As long as food production grows, there will be population growth, and therefore need for economic growth (doing stuff) or wars (breaking stuff).
    As long as food standards are lowered (eating lower and lower on the food chain), even if food production cannot grow as fast, there will be faster population growth, and demand for economic growth or wars; bonus points for having a sick, obedient and domesticated population cheaply fed.

    Putting food under lock and key was one of the great innovations of your culture. No other culture in history has ever put food under lock and key – and putting it there is the cornerstone of your economy

    –Daniel Quinn


    p01
    Participant

    Yep. No carbon footprint reduction that I heard of, either, probably because it doesn’t work.
    Simply not going into debt and realizing how outrageously overpriced cars and houses are, takes care of much of the footprint.
    On the other hand, people who are vaguely aware of something being wrong will always tell you you’re not “doing anything” about it. No matter how much you try to explain that paying down debt (and almost hopelessly avoiding getting into it again because everyone else is causing the inflation by taking on debt and “doing something”) and saving (*gasps*what’s saving, that’s like what old people living last century did, no?) takes most of your time and you don’t have enough resources to “do something”, the “do something about it” meme is prevailing. I wonder about many transition movements made with debt…and with indebted people…how long will they last.

    EDIT: There was a Guy who preached lowering carbon footprint for everybody (except for him, because in his case, he was trying to burn it as fast as possible to save the Planet, go figure). I think he went down under for a visit also. Maybe that’s the Guy or P[strike]h[/strike]erson that’s being referred.

    in reply to: Dutch Delusion: Europe's Core, She Rots Some More #7415

    p01
    Participant

    TheTrivium4TW post=7124 wrote:

    No sovereign nation would all Debt Money Tyranny to be inflicted upon it and no sovereign nation would allow private interests to criminally blow the world’s largest credit bubble so it could pop and destroy the economy of the country….

    Trivium, the problem here is that the beloved economy cannot function without debt. It shouldn’t be so hard for someone to educate himself about this somewhat overlooked detail.
    There’s NO economy without some kind of slaves (future generations via debt, or real slaves in sweatshops).
    Even Mr. Fire, Brimstone & Orkin Men you mentioned, has absolutely no problem with this arrangement as long as his longs & shorts suck some wealth from present and future slaves. Only when the dollar/debt tyranny conduit fails to bring the yield in already full precious pocketssess, then it’s all piggies, tyrants, Illuminati, and the “bring the guillotines” cry!

    in reply to: Dutch Delusion: Europe's Core, She Rots Some More #7395

    p01
    Participant

    OT: US has raised DefCon to 3 very silently.
    Couple that with the yellow metal’s incipient crash, next week looks like a good candidate for popcorn week.

    in reply to: The Lady Who Made Greed Look Good #7372

    p01
    Participant

    Obligatory:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5_ISC1EbCM

    On the other hand, she just did what was asked of her. The bulk of the voters asked that the politicians get their head out of their asses and do something. Which they did.
    Just as the same bulk of voters ask the same thing now, and they have even more to lose. Anything to keep the values of their possessions high, or else all the advantage of having been the first to take on debt goes away in smoke.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)